Recent events made me realize something. Quite a lot actually. I’m not here to please everyone. It’s impossible, especially without feedback. Sometimes you just need to move on, say goodbye. Realizing that makes life way more easier, it also makes you appreciate your real friends and buddies even more. You know who you are, I love you lots <3
I closed two huge chapters in my life during recent weeks and it feels….liberating. A bit sour too, after all each such chapter is a huge investment of time and effort, but you gotta do what you gotta do. It’s worth it long term.
Anyway, here’s a quick guide, just so we are clear:
– if I said “I don’t like apples”, I did not offend your grandmother’s clothing choices. I said I don’t like apples. Just that. If you see something else in it, I’m not the one with a problem here. I’ll gladly explain, just be vocal about it. I’m not fluent in telepathy;
– Really, I’m only responsible for what I write or say, not for what you see in it;
– if you aren’t sure of what I mean, grow a pair and ask. I admire courage more than people who talk behind my back;
– if I do something for you, “thank you” are the words you are looking for.
– “please, thank you, I’m sorry” will take you the long way;
– everyone has their breaking point and if you can’t handle me at my worst, you don’t deserve me at my best, especially if you led me to that lower point;
– if I say “A” and someone else says “A”, yet you only jump on me for saying “A”, I’m not the one who has a problem;
– if there is a problem and you are not speaking about it, you are part of the problem.
– I say what I think. I won’t go with being nice to your face and hating you behind your back, it is not how I am and neither should you be. And if I see a problem, I will speak about it. If you have an issue with that, you can say it, it is ok, we will work it out. But if you can’t repay me with the honesty and you bottle up the issue until we have an elephant in the room, I’m not the one that has a problem.
– communication is a two way street, remember that;
– silence is an option too, it’s not about scoring points anymore or who is right and who is wrong, it never was, at least for me. It’s just not worth my time anymore. If I give you my time, i give you something I will never get back. Don’t make me regret it or I just simply won’t give you that again.
– never push a loyal person to a point where they no longer care;
– someone always leaks the “confidential” chats. ALWAYS.
– mirror is this great device that can give some clarity about one’s actions. Stand in front of it, ask yourself if you did everything you could to solve the issue, ask yourself if you were always the one that was in the right here. Do it for yourself. That’s what intelligent people do.
– Don’t be a leech. Seriously, don’t. I will call you out on leeching eventually and when I do, don’t be a baby about it.
– grow up, act like an adult, take responsibility for your actions. It’s what I do and it’s what I expect from you. If I was the one walking away, maybe it’s for a reason. Go ask the mirror 🙂
– everyone makes mistakes. Stones, glass houses. Question is how you deal with them.
After ending few long chapters in my life recently and reorganizing my life, all I can say is that it’s weird how sometimes something you felt was your fuel, turns out to be the anchor that stopped you from flying. Letting go is hard but it’s for the best sometimes. And yes, I can fly, you can fly with me and I will make sure I do everything I can to see you as a part of the flock or you can fly away. Thanks for the memories and a lesson, I truly appreciate it 🙂 No, really, I do! It’s thanks to you, in a way, that I am where I am right now. And it is thanks to you that I know what I am capable of. I’ll cherish what we had but I’ll also build my future without you. Question is how do we go from here – can you be civil about the “breakup”? Grown up people can. So are you a person I thought you are or was I wrong there too? Let’s both move on, shall we?
If you meant something in my life at one point – thank you, honestly. If you don’t mean anything in my life now, well, sorry to see but that’s how life goes. I’ll be fine, hoping for the same for you 🙂 <3
Leave a Reply